NEW FLYING SPUR V8 MAKES DEBUT FOR BENTLEY IN MOSCOW
- Russian premiere for Bentley Flying Spur V8 at MIAS
- Dynamic Continental GT V8 S and pinnacle handcrafted Mulsanne exhibit breadth of Bentley brand
- New Bentley show stand presents a unique interpretation of contemporary luxury
(Crewe / Moscow, 27 August 2014) Bentley marks its presence at the 2014 Moscow International Automobile Salon (MIAS) today, with the Russian debut of the new Flying Spur V8 luxury sedan.
The Flying Spur V8 shares its W12 stablemate’s unique blend of sculpted, sleek, elegant coachwork, exquisite craftsmanship and advanced technology, and will draw new customers to Bentley, attracted by the brand’s unique expression of luxury and performance.
Richard Leopold, head of Bentley Russia, comments:
“The new Flying Spur V8 opens the door to the world’s best luxury sedan. With our dealer network expansion in Ekaterinburg and Krasnodar, and the recent introduction of the dynamic Continental GT V8 S, we are confident that the new Flying Spur will build on Bentley’s positive presence in the region.”
The Flying Spur V8 is powered by Bentley’s renowned 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine. Developing 507 PS and 660 Nm of torque, this characterful engine powers the car to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds and on to a top speed of 295 km/h, while offering a range of more than 800 kilometres.
Joining the new model on Bentley’s stand at the MIAS is a selection of the brand’s latest luxury performance models, including the dynamic Continental GT V8 S and Bentley’s flagship model, the Mulsanne – the ultimate expression of Bentley’s hand-built high performance luxury.
These exquisite Bentley models are presented on the company’s new stand, shown for the first time in Russia at the MIAS. Inspired by key elements of Bentley’s elegant vehicle design language, the finest materials are used with the company’s signature flair for craftsmanship and attention to detail to create a uniquely Bentley environment and a striking interpretation of contemporary luxury.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. 2013 was Bentley’s record year in the company’s 95-year history. Global customer deliveries grew by 19% over 2012 to 10,120 cars. At the half year point in 2014, the Americas remained Bentley’s largest sales region, with 1,388 cars delivered. China continued its position as the second biggest market with 1,318 cars, while in Europe, deliveries reached 825 cars. Sales in Bentley’s home market, the UK, were 713 and in the Middle East, Bentley delivered 502 cars. At that stage of 2014, Bentley had nearly 200 dealerships in 54 countries.
- Bentley Motors’ headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,700 people at Crewe.
Communications Manager Russia
+7 925 503 6703
Communications Manager Europe
+44(0)7985 425 794
Bentley Motors Ltd