BENTLEY MOTORS RETURNS TO PEBBLE BEACH WITH THREE NORTH-AMERICAN DEBUTS
Mulsanne Extended Wheelbase and Flying Spur V8 S make US show debuts at Monterey Auto Week
Luxurious saloons joined by most powerful production Bentley ever – the Continental GT Speed Black Edition
Bentayga showcases new luxury lifestyle feature, towing a Bowlus Road Chief – Limited Edition Lithium+
(Pebble Beach, 16 August 2016) The most luxurious Bentley model ever, – the Mulsanne Extended Wheelbase, makes its US debut at the Monterey Auto Week.
The pinnacle luxury limousine is designed for those who prefer to be driven, and provides a first class air-travel experience for the road. The Mulsanne Extended Wheelbase will be appearing at the Quail: A Motorsports Gathering on Friday 19 August, and will also be in position on the Concept Lawn at The Lodge on Sunday 21 August.
The newly launched Flying Spur V8 S also makes its US debut at Pebble Beach. Taking its place between the Flying Spur V8 and flagship W12 in the range, the V8 S is tuned for power and performance, with increased engine output and revised suspension offering a more focused, precise driving experience.
The most powerful production Bentley ever, the Continental GT Speed Black Edition, will also be in attendance throughout the event. The revised Continental GT Speed raises the bar even further in terms of exclusivity and performance, delivering a top speed of 206 mph (331 km/h) and even more power and torque.
Drawing a Luxury Lifestyle
For the first time in Bentley’s 97-year history a tow bar has been created as a lifestyle option for the Bentayga and will be in action at Monterey Auto Week.
A Bentayga will ‘draw’ a Bowlus Road Chief to Turn 10 at the Laguna Seca circuit, where the Bentayga-Bowlus tandem will be the feature of a brand display. Bowlus Road Chief is a California-based company which specializes in hand-crafted, light-weight luxury trailers.
The Bentayga will also be partnered with the Bowlus Road Chief – Limited Edition Lithium+ trailer at the Quail and at the British brand’s Pebble Beach Signature Party on Saturday night.
Michael Winkler, President and CEO, Bentley Motors, Inc. said: “The Monterey Auto Week always sees a remarkable gathering of Bentley customers and enthusiasts, and is a great occasion to celebrate the past and present of this iconic brand. We are fast approaching our centenary in 2019, and our newest vehicles on display at Pebble Beach this year point to an extraordinary future.”
Heritage on Display at Prestigious Auctions
Bentley’s illustrious heritage will be on display during the various auctions at Pebble Beach and on the lawn at the Concours d’Elegance.
Several auctions held during the event feature vintage Bentley vehicles, including two with pre-auction estimates reaching more than $1.3 million
RM Sotheby’s Auctions
- 1926 Bentley 3-4½-Litre Tourer; in the style of Vanden Plas, built in the style of ‘Old Mother Gun’ on the Bentley 3-Litre chassis number 911. Pre-auction estimate: $600,000 - $750,000.
- 1932 Bentley 8-Litre Tourer by Vanden Plas; this example was the eighth from last 8-Litre built, and one of just 35 on the 12-foot ‘Short Chassis’. Pre-auction estimate: $2,500,000 - $3,000,000.
- 1939 Bentley 4¼-Litre Sports Coupe ‘Honeymoon Express’ by Park Ward; claimed a third in class at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in 2015. Pre-auction estimate: $750,000 - $900,000.
- 1954 Bentley R-Type Continental Fastback Sports Saloon by H.J. Mulliner; this is a rare factory left-hand-drive, automatic-gearbox example. Pre-auction estimate: $1,300,000 - $1,700,000.
Gooding & Company
- 1927 Bentley 3-Litre Speed Model Sports Tourer; a Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance class winner in 2001. Pre-auction estimate: $650,000 - $800,000.
Russo and Steele
- 1965 Bentley Exhibition Chassis Club Racer; chassis #2 S.S.S. C-2, a conversion from prototype chassis to a finished, alloy-bodied race car.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors
Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines, Bentayga, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 4,000 people at Crewe.
Chief Communications Officer –
+1 (571) 471-9027
Communications Manager –
+1 (248) 613-7438