BENTLEY DEFINES A NEW STYLE INSIDE
- New collection presented at Maison & Objet Fair in Paris
- World of travel sets the theme of glamour and elegance
- Collection envelops the senses with new materials, colours and designs
(Crewe, 23 January 2015) A new collection of Bentley Home furniture and accessories makes its debut today at the prestigious Maison & Objet fair in Paris.
Designed and manufactured in collaboration with Luxury Living Group, one of Europe’s leading furniture makers, the collection takes its inspiration from the world of travel.
Against the backdrop of a 1920s train station, twin paths lead from the traditional to the modern in settings which combine the heritage and traditions of the world’s most sought after luxury car maker with the sophisticated demands of contemporary life.
The setting reveals two parallel scenes set in a wide central corridor towered over by an imposing clock. On one side, an exclusive mountain locale is depicted through a panorama of an alpine landscape seen from a magnificent chalet in Courchevel. On the other, the atmosphere becomes more urban, the views depict Viennese palaces, and introduce an architecture of marked elegance. Together the two aspects reveal living areas where precious details create a mood of sensory exhilaration and warmth.
Furniture designed by architect Carlo Colombo creates a lifestyle innately connected to the luxury experience of sitting inside a Bentley. Sofas, armchairs, consoles and beds, as well as accessories such as cigar boxes, photo frames and vases all express a strong aesthetic sensibility and exemplify the synthesis between design and beauty. The style is conceived to be experienced in everyday life, without having to trade-off luxury and impeccable workmanship.
The colours span a palette of warm tones: pale brown, dark chocolate, brick, new praline shades. Shades that range from quartz grey to Burgundy and from hazelnut to royal blue are also employed. Elements typical of men’s tailoring, such as pinstripes, and iconic Bentley patterns, including the diamond quilt found in the leather of interiors, all feature on the leather: light, soft and very fine, in shades of beige, mink and cognac, matched with the finest houndstooth-patterned wool in walnut and dark mocha hues.
New handmade velvets have been made using looms that can accommodate traditional and complex work processes that produce fabrics unique in terms of quality and refinement. Patterns on the range include 3-D motifs and innovative quilting. Luxury materials include briar root in Chestnut or Burr Walnut used for structures and surfaces. Veined Ebony Macassar, exclusive onyx and light Calacatta marbles adorn table tops and coffee tables, along with a new gun-metal finish at the base.
The Winchester sofa is defined by its slender silhouette accentuated by armrests stretching outwards that trace a clean, essential contour. The base is set back from the sofa edge, keeping it slightly raised, thus highlighting its aerodynamic look. Available with leather or cloth upholstery, the Royce version comes with a solid Chestnut or Burr Walnut briar root body.
A roomy sofa, with bold lines reflecting a monumental, sculptural style. The Winston has a rounded top, with the armrests structured as an extension of the back panel. The frame, upholstered in leather with the iconic quilted pattern, accommodates the soft contours of the capacious seat.
Ashley is an enveloping armchair with a sleek design. Embellished by an elegant diamond pattern on the inner part, the seat back embraces the soft, deep seat with circular profile. Upholstered with leather or cloth, it is completed by a steel base with swivelling mechanism.
The Lauren armchair conveys a sense of comfort and softness thanks to the lavish padding put on the seat and seat back: a true invitation to relax. Upholstered with leather or cloth with an embroidered logo, it is embellished by matching leather or cloth piping and with a quilted pattern around the outer part. Leather-upholstered legs.
The inviting design of the Berkeley bed offers a soft haven, set off by the shapely contours of the profile. The headboard, with a curved form that follows the contour of the bed frame, is embellished with a meticulously crafted diamond pattern on its inside. It is offered in a nubuck leather version in dark coffee shades.
CLIFFDEN COFFEE TABLE AND SIDE TABLE
The coffee table and side table in different sizes offer furniture for meeting and lounge areas. Cliffden is a contemporary offering of balanced proportions with a structure either in solid Canaletto walnut wood or hand-upholstered in leather. The leather, briar root or Ebony Macassar top is embellished with gunmetal finished steel detailing.
WINCHESTER sofa starting from €13,000
WINSTON sofa starting from €13,600
ASHLEY armchair starting from €5,700
LAUREN armchair starting from €4,400
BERKELEY bed starting from €7,400
CLIFFDEN coffee table starting from €7,600: side table €4,000
- ENDS -
Head of Lifestyle Communications
Bentley Motors Ltd
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,800 people at Crewe.
- Luxury Living Group is the luxury furniture and accessories company founded by Alberto Vignatelli. Expertise, exclusive materials, creativity and quality are key to the group’s development, with its steady expansion in technology and innovation in a short space of time. The company, strongly driven by a vision focused on the international distribution of its products, has already developed its brands gallery collections, in association with international fashion names (Fendi Casa and Trussardi Casa), and its signature gallery, styled by design icons, as well as its own line - Heritage Collection.