SUCCESS ACROSS MARKETS DRIVES BENTLEY’S STRONG START
- Q1 deliveries grow by 17% over 2013
- Growth in established and developing regions
- Imminent arrival of new Continental GT Speed and Flying Spur V8
(Crewe, England. 4 April 2014) Bentley Motors has continued its 2013 success in the first quarter of this year, with global deliveries to customers increasing by 17% to 2,580 cars, compared to the first three months of 2013, 2,212 cars.
There was growth across every region, with the US market reinforcing its number one position, with outstanding sales in the Middle East, China and Europe.
Commenting on the results, Bentley’s member of the board for sales, marketing and aftersales, Kevin Rose, said:
“We continue to expand our position as the world’s most sought after luxury car brand in what remains a challenging sector. Success in our established key markets, like the US, China, and Europe played a major role, but also growing our global presence in developing markets such as the Middle East and Asia Pacific ensured an impressive start to the year.
“With the arrival of new models such as the Continental GT Speed and Flying Spur V8, we are confident to continue our strong performance throughout 2014.”
Remaining in Bentley’s number one market position, the Americas region delivered 698 cars, a 10% increase on Q1 2013 (632).
China started the year performing strongly, up by 19% on last year (474 cars), delivering 564 cars.
In Europe, deliveries grew by 12%, to 374 cars, against 335 cars in Q1 2013. In the UK, there was a slight decrease of 3%, 361 cars, against 371 cars delivered in Q1 2013, which itself rose by 59% over the first quarter of 2012.
Progressively establishing itself as one of Bentley’s key regions, the Middle East continues its sustained growth, by posting an increase of 42%, 311 cars, over its 2013 performance, delivering 219 cars.
Sales of the Flying Spur in Japan helped the region deliver 75 cars, a 60% increase over its 2013 Q1 performance of 47 cars.
- ENDS -
Director of Communications
Corporate Communications Manager
Bentley Motors Ltd
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. In 2013 one in every four luxury cars delivered to customers worldwide was a Bentley. 2013 was Bentley’s record year in the company’s 95-year history. Global customer deliveries grew by 19% over 2012 to 10,120 cars. The Americas remained Bentley’s largest sales region, with 3,140 cars delivered. China continued its position as the second biggest market with 2,191 cars, while in Europe, deliveries reached 1,480 cars. Sales in Bentley’s home market, the UK, were 1,381 and in the Middle East, Bentley delivered 1,185 cars. By the end of 2013 Bentley had nearly 200 dealerships in 54 countries.
- Bentley Motors’ headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,700 people at Crewe.