NEW HOME FOR BENTLEY IN ST. PETERSBURG
- British marque expands presence in key Russian city
- New premises place Bentley on major highway in key business district
- Showroom opening coincides with regional premiere of new Flying Spur luxury sedan
- New Flying Spur offers more power, greater refinement and innovative rear seat infotainment system
(Crewe / St. Petersburg, 1 July 2013) Bentley has enhanced its presence in Russia’s second city, St. Petersburg, with the opening of a new showroom.
Located on Gelsingforsskaya street bld. 2a – a major route to some of the luxury villages and holiday resorts north of the city – the new showroom occupies a larger river-front site and replaces Bentley’s former premises in St Petersburg.
Customers visiting the new dealership are now able to browse the full Bentley model range and place orders from the privacy of a separate customisation room, where they can choose from Bentley’s extended range of 17 leather and more than one hundred exterior paints – or indeed commission their own colour choice.
Coinciding with the official opening of the new showroom, Bentley St Petersburg took the opportunity to present the new Flying Spur to local customers for the first time, following the model’s Russian market premiere in Moscow earlier this month.
The new Flying Spur blends effortless driveability, exquisite luxury and craftsmanship, sculpted design and state-of-the-art technology, and is expected to build on the worldwide success of its iconic predecessor.
It is powered by Bentley’s renowned 6.0-litre, twin turbo W12 engine, and permanent all-wheel drive ensures the Flying Spur puts all 625 PS to the road, sprinting from 0-100km/h in just 4.6 seconds. At the same time, a touch-screen infotainment system with mobile connectivity, including Wi-Fi, allows the driver and passengers alike to interface with the car and the outside world. A Rear Seat Entertainment suite and a new bespoke hand-held Touch Screen Remote give rear-cabin occupants control over an extensive range of features from the comfort of their seat.
Bentley sales in Russia grew by 34.38% in the first quarter of 2013, and the company has ambitious plans to achieve further sales growth in the region, through new model introductions like the Flying Spur and significant expansion of its dealer network. In addition to the new showroom in St. Petersburg, Bentley will open new dealers in two key cities – Krasnodar, near the Black Sea, and in Yekaterinburg, central Russia – and the company has plans to add further locations by the end of 2014.
For further information about this press release please contact:
Yana Ermolaeva, Communication Manager, Bentley Russia
Yana.Ermolaeva@Bentley.co.uk +7 499 951 3141
Tom Housley – PR Manager, Europe East
Tom.Housley@Bentley.co.uk +44 (0) 1270 536 432
For further information on Bentley please go to www.bentleymedia.com
Notes to editors
- In the first quarter of 2013, Bentley’s deliveries to customers increased by 25.75% to 2,212 cars. The Americas remained Bentley’s largest sales region with 632 cars delivered to customers in the region, up 35.04% on Q1 2012. In Europe, deliveries grew by 61.84% with 335 cars delivered to customers. In the UK, 371 cars were delivered to customers, a 59.23% increase on the first quarter of 2012. In China 474 cars were delivered to customers, a 17.99% decrease which reflects anticipation of the new Flying Spur, the top selling Bentley in China, which becomes available from mid-2013 onwards. The Middle East region performed extremely well with deliveries up 41.07% to 237 cars. Asia Pacific also had an outstanding quarter, increasing its deliveries by 68.12% to 116 cars and Japan saw growth of 30.56% with 47 deliveries.