BREITLING FOR BENTLEY INTRODUCES THE SUPERSPORTS B55
- Limited edition watch celebrates launch of Continental Supersports
- Featuring a titanium case, carbonfibre dial and connected technology
- Connected watch allows wearer to log lap times and rally data via app
- Three exclusive chronograph functions inspired by motorsports
- Performance-packed edition celebrates most powerful Continental ever
(Crewe, 16 January 2017) Bentley and Breitling are introducing a striking new chronograph – the Breitling for Bentley Supersports B55 – to celebrate the launch of the new Continental Supersports: the fastest Continental ever made.
The new Continental Supersports develops a mighty 710 PS (700 bhp) and 1,017 Nm (750 lb.ft.) of torque, and features unique exterior and interior styling cues. These bespoke design elements have influenced the look of the Breitling for Bentley Supersports B55.
A titanium case – inspired by the titanium exhaust option available on the Continental Supersports – provides a tactile reminder of the landmark car’s performance credentials. The lightweight case frames a dial in carbonfibre, a material featured strongly in many details of the Continental Supersports. A double-layer red-edged and lined black rubber strap completes the look.
Connected Functionality Tailored For Stand-Out Performance
For the first time, a Breitling for Bentley chronograph features an electronic movement. The Bentley Supersports B55 features a new version of Breitling’s in-house B55 connected calibre, which is enriched with functions tailor-made for performance-minded individuals. In addition to the lap timer and electronic tachymeter, the B55 features three additional exclusive functions.
The ‘Chrono Rally’ setting can record up to 30 rally stages, complete with the departure date, the start time and duration of each stage – as well as intermediate times for each stage – while automatically adding in any penalties incurred.
‘Chrono Race’ mode is designed for track races and enables the wearer to record the split times for each lap and calculate the average lap speed. Finally, the ‘Regularity Rally’ function (useful in competitions in which the objective is to cover a given distance in a specified time) enables the wearer to predefine target times (or intermediate times) from the total, and then check at the press of a button whether these goals are being achieved.
A specially designed Breitling app has been created in order to allow owners to store and transmit all of the data recorded via a smartphone connection.
The connected chronograph features two ultra-legible LCD screens equipped with a backlighting system that can be activated by pressing the crown or by simply tilting the wrist.
Only 500 will be produced in this special Breitling for Bentley limited edition.
Bentley Supersports B55 Chronograph Specifications
Movement: Manufacture Breitling Calibre B55, officially chronometer-certified by the COSC. Thermocompensated SuperQuartzTM, analogue and digital 12/24-hour LC backlit display. 1/100th of a second chronograph, UTC, ‘chrono rally’, ‘regularity rally’, ‘chrono race’ functions, lap timer, electronic tachymeter, countdown, 2nd timezone, 7 daily alarms, perpetual calendar with week display, battery-charge indicator.
Case: Titanium (500-piece limited series). Water-resistant to 100m. Sapphire crystal, glareproofed on both sides.
Diameter: 46 mm.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines – Continental, Flying Spur, Bentayga and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 4,000 people at Crewe.
- A specialist of technical watches, Breitling has played a crucial role in the development of the wrist chronograph and is a leader in this complication. The firm has shared all the finest moments in the conquest of the skies thanks to its sturdy, reliable and high-performance instruments. One of the world's only major watch brands to equip all its models with chronometer-certified movements, the ultimate token of precision, Breitling is also one of the rare companies to produce its own mechanical chronograph movements, entirely developed and manufactured in its own workshops. This family business is also one of the last remaining independent Swiss watch brands.
- British chic, Swiss excellence: the Breitling for Bentley collection has asserted a new art of living. Symbolised by the winged B, it carves out its own path, reflecting an exclusive universe where luxury and accomplishment converge. Performance and prestige. Power and style. Class and boldness. Born from the encounter between the grand art of British carmaking and the great Swiss watchmaking tradition, this richly endowed family of exclusive chronographs houses exceptional “engines” inside its gold, steel or titanium bodywork. Artfully designed and produced with extreme concern for details, it embodies the same momentum in the pursuit of perfection and beauty shared by the famous British automobile manufacturer and the chronograph specialist. The very same passion for performance and elegance which – from the Bentley workshops in Crewe to those of Breitling Chronométrie in La Chaux-de-Fonds – invites devotees of fine mechanisms to set off on a truly amazing journey.